Saturday 9 February 2013

Blog 14! Inspired!

Hi all,

As you probably know I want to be a journalist when I am older, well yesterday I travelled to Salford for an interview at Salford University for the Journalism course. I arrived at Media City UK and for the whole day I just had one thought in my head "I don't want to leave". The thought of going back to Sixth Form on Tuesday, instead of waking up and jumping out of bed at UNI studying Journalism is a heart dropping thought.
 However the trip to Salford reminded me of my passion, desire and drive to become a Journalist. Of course this is a good thing as it will make me focused with my A-levels to achieve my grades and it will also give me the drive to do whatever I can to make my dream happen. Opposite to this is the gutting feeling of having to wait until September before I can posssibly start a Journalism course and reach for my dream career. Just walking around Media City UK is overwhelming, to be so close to the ITV and BBC (I even saw the Tardis!), for someone who is so passionate about Print and Broadcast areas of the media it becomes a dream world.

This week has flown by (not such a bad thing) and with half term fast approaching I am looking forward to the break. I have around 12 weeks left at school before I break up on study leave and although this is a daunting prospect, I feel I am now ready to leave my comfort zone and find new experiences outside my Lichfield bubble. I have started up a six a side football team with a few of my mates, our first 2 games have not gone to plan with 2-0 losses on both occasions, but I like to be positive and think about my team Aston Villa and then I don't feel so bad about ours.
 In the coming week I have plenty to keep myself occupied. A trip to Nottingham Trent on Wednesday for another university interview and then a busy week of photo shoots and recording, in order to make the finishing touches to my Teenager Representations website and advert.
 Its already February 9th, which gives me the feeling that this year is going to disappear just like 2012, and I have no worries about this, as 2013 is a very exciting year for me and all 17-18 year olds around the globe. Its the year that we move away from the norm and venture into the big wide world.

 As you can tell, I've had a very thought provoking week and I feel like the future looks bright, feel free to be jealous of my amazing life.

In other news
What are the odds?
Horse meat has been found in another food product sold in supermarkets. A lasagne that claimed to be 100% Beef had 100% Horse meat, a figure that made many consumers full into a coma, however don't be alarmed they are said to be in a stable condition. (Could not help myself) 
 This shocking discovering has joined the Horse meat found in other food produce, leaving Aldi, Tesco and Burger King under scrutiny. "Tougher testing of beef products will have to be carried out by retailers due to the widespread contamination" announced the Environment secretary, Own Paterson.

Stafford loses patients!
Stafford Hospital has also been in the media spotlight again this week, the NHS chief declared that he "Understands the anger over Stafford Hospital", however he is still not willing to step down which has caused anger throughout the country. The NHS has been driven to meet targets rather than focusing on patients at the centre of it's services. The hospital itself has seen a 67% drop in patients opting to be treated at Stafford as a result of the Scandal. 

   Song of the week


Thats all from me this week, Ill be back soon. Hope you enjoyed and have a fantastic week. 

Cya Alex :) 

 Opinions / Comments: @alexblakemore1 

No comments:

Post a Comment