Sunday 30 June 2013

Blog 23! Sun, drink, food and abnormal tanning!

Hi all,

Opinion counts is coming to you from sunny Mallorca! I am sitting here on my brothers iPad which he allowed me to borrow (thank you) in order for me to blog whilst I was away. I have been here for less than 24 hours with Kitty (my boring girlfriend) and I must start with this very annoying occurrence.
 We decided as it was our first day away we would spend it in the sun, so as you do we have sat on a sun lounger in the basking heat for little over 3 hours so far. Kitty has an annoying habit of tanning very easy, (I think it is down to her bright fluorescent orange bikini) and as a result she is extremely brown head to shin from as little as 3 hours of sunbathing! Of course I have not heard the end of this with her boasting "I can't believe how brown I am". On the other hand I have brown arms but apart from that I'm as white as snow. You may be thinking my description of kitty's tan is peculiar as she is only tanned to her shins. He legs below the shin do not seem to be playing along with the rest of her body and therefore she does look slightly silly. However I am sure this is an issue a few days of sunbathing will sort out. This evening we are down to the marina for a meal and a few drinks before going exploring tomorrow when we have rested up a bit. 

Our journey here was kitty's first plane journey ever, and she was nervous but she survived, even though I was certain on making her think before the flight we were likely to crash. I will leave you with a little story of our trip to the supermarket today. In order to make cocktails whilst we are here I tried to get some mint leaves. We could not find them so tried to use my little Spanish and hand gestures I knew to ask. This did not go down well and the man had no idea what I was on about. I resulted in getting a toothpaste bottle with a picture of mint leaves on and pointing to them. Still it had little effect so our quest goes on to find them. 

Finally because I am here with kitty I am allowing her to have a short paragraph in my blog, to say a little something to you guys whilst she is away. She's very appreciative of this staring role and I have high expectations. Sorry if she is boring! Here she goes! 

Kitty - unlike Alex I won't bore you with too much of what I've done today. The best part of today has to be my amazing tan!! Alex is very jealous but has too much of an ego to admit it. My first plane journey ever wasn't as scary as I had thought, luckily for me :). Short and sweet and I know you'll all be thinking its far better than Alex could ever have written :p. 

That's all for now be back soon and I hope your enjoying being at home! 

Cya Alex :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment