Thursday 20 March 2014

Blog 45! Selfie with Sir Michael Parkinson! A huge day for Fly FM news!

Hi guys,

Yesterday was massive for both myself and my colleagues in the Fly FM (Nottingham Trent's student radio station) news team. It was the official opening of our brand new student union building which holds a new sports hall, 100 station gym, a dance studio and a 30ft climbing wall. Along with this it holds a 2,400 capacity nightclub venue, a radio station, meeting rooms and over 900 flats for students to live in. Obviously it was a major upgrade to the university and it was great to have Lord Sebastian Coe and Sir Michael Parkinson come to the brand new building to officially open it.

As part of the news team I was blessed with the opportunity to interview the legendary, Sir Michael Parkinson a massive figure head in the world of Journalism. Obviously this was a great honour for me and I could not help but be slightly star struck when meeting him. He was a lovely, welcoming guy who is very genuine and funny. It was an absolute privilege to meet him and interview him along side Capital FM East Midlands and East Midlands today.

As a team we also got an interview with Sebastian Coe who was also extremely friendly and interesting.

The interviews/ Tv package will be up shortly and I will post the links on my blog sometime this week/early next week so keep your eyes peeled. I will be playing the audio from my interview with Parkinson on my Fly through lunch show 1-3pm (Friday 21st March 2014) so tune in at: www.flyfm.co.uk/player to hear it.

It was by far the highlight of my journalistic career so far and a day I will never forget.

Until the interview here's a few pictures from the day including a selfie with the inspiring Sir Michael Parkinson.

Enjoy!

Cya Soon,

Alex :) x









No comments:

Post a Comment