Saturday 5 April 2014

Blog 46! YOU ME AT SIX - GIG REVIEW - CAPITAL FM ARENA NOTTINGHAM


YOU ME AT SIX - CAPITAL FM ARENA - 3rd APRIL 2014
Hi all,

On Thursday 3rd April 2014, I arrived at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham with my girlfriend highly anticipating an incredible gig from a band I love. To be short - they did not disappoint!

With the release of their new album in January 2014, they announced the tour in late 2013 which instantly got me excited as they are one of my favourite bands. The new album arrived on my doorstep and I instantly loved every song. In my opinion to this day, You Me At Six are yet to bring out a dull song that you would skip on a CD. If you are yet to check out their new album it's called Cavalier Youth and you can buy it from numerous different places for around a tenner.

Anyway back to the gig, supporting You Me At Six were two bands I have never heard of in my life - Young Kato and Don Broco. They were quite good and they livened things up inside the arena pretty well, building the anticipation for the headline. Don Broco were the better of the two and I would check them out on Youtube as they have a few decent songs which are rather catchy.

When You Me At Six came out onto the stage there was an impressive large screen behind them, with all sorts of clips and things during the first song which was very impressive and something I have not seen from the band before at previous gigs. As the new album had just been released I was expecting a large amount of new songs from the album to be played but I was also pleased that they stuck to what the fans also loved and played lots of their old stuff as well.

The setlist was as follows:

1. Too Young to feel this old
2. Fresh Start Fever
3. Stay With Me
4. The Swarm
5. Little Death
6. Loverboy
7. Forgive and Forget
8. Room to Breathe
9. Underdog
10. Liquid Confidence
11. Cold Night
12. Wild Ones
Encore:
13. Reckless
14. Bite My Tongue
15. Lived a Lie

 - As you can see there is a range of songs off their albums, however most of the songs are from their brand new album, Cavalier Youth but this was to be expected.

- Too Young to Feel This Old, started the gig off and was brilliantly executed to get the atmosphere buzzing inside the Capital FM arena.

- The only downside to the setlist is there was a lack of the bands classic slow songs such as: Always Attract and Crash. I believe they left these out to stop the upbeat atmosphere from going down.


Josh Franceschi the lead singer, worked the audience with ease and his voice had improved dramatically since I last saw the band just two years ago. He was the difference in class between the last time I saw them and this time, making the experience 100% better. As always the other members of the band were incredible and it was clear that they were loving every minute of playing in Nottingham.

I was worried before the gig that they would not be able to perform to such a large crowd as when I saw them last it was in a little venue in Birmingham. But I was shocked to see how easy they got the crowd going and they held the stage like they had been playing large gigs forever. Not 1 song went by when I didn't think "wow these guys are amazing at what they do".

I would recommend going to see You Me At Six if you like what they do, or if you want a good night out at a gig. They were amazing and listening to people talking after the gig, every single person there had a great time.

YOU ME AT SIX GET A 10/10 from me for an incredible evening.

Now just to leave you with some pictures and videos of the gig, make of it what you will and enjoy!

I'll be back soon,

Alex :D









No comments:

Post a Comment