Thursday 30 October 2014

Blog 55! Dino and Pete Exposed! - Gotta love McBusted!

Hi guys,

I've had one hell of a day, waking up at 5am to work with Capital FM East Midlands during their Dino and Pete Exposed event with none other than McBusted as their house band. 

I was working on a camera recording the live OB (Outside broadcast), the pictures were also being streamed live to the screens at the venue for the audience to watch. It was a completely different experience to anything I have done before. I have worked on a live OB before, presenting the pre- SU election results show on Fly FM but nothing on such a scale as this morning. 

Having a communication headset on, it was a massive learning experience to hear all the production that goes behind the show and it was a pleasure to be part of such an amazing team. The result of all our hard work was brilliant and the show looked and sounded amazing. 

McBusted are an amazing bunch of lads and they really know how to perform. The crowd were going wild, which created an amazing atmosphere. 

In terms of personal development it was great to get some more time using a video camera, as you may already know radio is my passion so audio is usually my thing. It's important however, to get some more camera experience as radio is moving towards a multi platform medium, with social media, video content and engaging features become a crucial element to any radio show. 

I am hoping to incorporate what I have learnt today and from my first year at university, in order to improve my radio shows on Fly FM, with more video content being produced and professional sounding quality broadcasts week in week out.

This morning was not only a huge learning experience for me, it was also massive fun and didn't even feel like work. It reminded me of the rewarding nature of the career path I am taking and I have even more drive because of the opportunity I had. 

I will leave you with some videos from today's Capital event as the images are coming from my camera and my colleagues. I hope you enjoy and of course party like animals to the tunes of McBusted.

Cya,
Alex 


My position for the event. McBusted rocking it during sound checks.


                                            McBusted - performing at Dino and Pete exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment