Monday 9 September 2013

Blog 31! I'm all alone with no one here beside me!

Hi all,

So since my last blog a lot has changed for me and it has only been a couple of weeks since my last proper update.

As you know I am going to university at Nottingham Trent on the 20th September, so a lot more is going to change. But on Saturday my girlfriend, Kitty, went to university at Leeds Met which is a long way from Lichfield and a 2 hour train journey from Nottingham. As a result I will be seeing her a lot less and that has really hit me this week. Of course it's an exciting time for us both as we meet new people and have new experiences, but of course I am missing her as I am so used to having her around.
 What makes this worse, is that this week I am alone as my mother has jet off to sunny spain for the week leaving me to survive on my own with nothing to do other than go to the gym and work. I know I have terrible parents! One benefit to Kitty going to university this week is I have only put £10 in my car as I know I won't be using lots of petrol running her around, so at least I will be saving money in my misery.

So as you can probably gather, I am fairly fed up and in need of things to do to make this week pass. I have to admit, I have not been so low in a while and I am dying for things to do to cheer me up. On the bright side once friday comes along I've got a good Saturday as I am going to watch Villa play Newcastle at Villa Park. I am also going out in Lichfield with my friends for the final time before I go up to Nottingham. However Saturday seems a long time away at this moment in time and I am lost for things to do.

Enough of my moaning, last thursday I went to optical express to get my eyes tested. There was me thinking "I have 20/20 vision", only to be told I needed glasses. This was a shock for me and whilst I sit here writing this blog my glasses are resting on my nose giving me an itch. The optician informed me that I should be happy to need glasses because they are seen as a fashion accessory these days. I did not like wearing them for the first couple of days, but over the last few days they have grown on me and I don't mind them. I have to admit I look rather sophisticated when wearing them and I could be mistaken for someone who is clever, although I am far from it.

So that's my big news... I HAVE GLASSES! I know, not exactly the excitement of the century, but with the excitement of summer practically over, I'm afraid this is what I must resort to. I can't really complain, I have had a jam packed summer with a trip to spain with Kitty, a trip to Florida, an overnight stay in Hull and a weekend at V festival; you could almost call me greedy. So really I have little excuse to moan but who doesn't like the odd moan?

I also had my second article published on avillafan.com this week and if you are a Aston Villa fan or a football fan in general I would recommend having a look at the website, especially the forums as they talk about anything football related and we welcome fans of any club (even Birmingham fans, just about) from all over the world.

All in all things are going well for me in the Journalism department and I am still as keen and eager to work in this area as ever.

For any of you reading and going to University this September, drop me a tweet @alexblakemore1 and let me know where you are going, what you are studying and what you are looking forward to most. Of course freshers week is likely to be at the top of most of our lists as it's the most exciting part of going to university, along with meeting new people and of course in most cases living away from home.

So finally I am sitting here asking myself what I could do with a week of loneliness..... The obvious answer would be to be practical, like washing my car, painting the front door again, mow the lawns or clear my wardrobe. But it is likely as with most teenagers that I will spend my week in sweats, starting at a TV and listening to music whilst scratching my balls (A man thing) and drinking excessive amounts of coke and over indulging in food. I am aiming to go to the gym a lot to make the time pass. So overall this week is going to be long and I am going to try to hardest to come up with things to do.

Now it's time for song of the week and this week it has to be You me at six, with there new single, Lived A Lie! It's been my most played song over the last week so here it is.

I hope you have enjoyed my moan on today's blog and I will be back soon.

Cya Alex :)

My new glasses! Don't I look cool 
















Song of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment