Thursday 12 September 2013

Blog 32! Just a few things that have brightened up my week!

Hello again everyone,

Yes my second blog of the week, aren't you all extremely lucky!

Just a short one today though to tell you about a couple of things that have made me laugh this week. Of course I know one of the things will be lost on those of you who don't support Aston Villa, but the other is more general. I am sure the immature side of you will find it funny.

So let me get the Aston Villa one out of the way. As you may know Gabriel Agbonlahor is a striker for Villa and he played in the charity game for Stiliyan Petrov at Celtic park the other day. In that match Louis Tomlinson from the boy band One Direction played. Gabby made a tackle on Louis which left him on the floor injured and Louis was later sick on the sidelines. This tackle has created a large amount of 'Directioners' to make their way to twitter and give Gabby death threats and abuse, which is totally out of order of course because in football these things happen.
 Anyway getting to the point, due to this happening the Villa fans have come up with a new song to sing at the matches to Gabby. The reason I found this so funny is because I am not a particular fan of One Direction, although my girlfriend and best mate (who is a boy) are crazy about the band. The song goes as follows in the tune of One Directions song 'Live While We're Young'.

Let's go crazy crazy crazy for Agbonlahor.
He snapped that little faggot, left him on the floor.
No one really cares if Gabby got the ball.
Tonight pray Gabby, get's the other four. 

I do think you have to be a Villa fan to fully appreciate this, but for anyone who does not particularly like One Direction it is bound to put a smile on your face. I truly hope that we sing this during the home match at the weekend against Newcastle.


Moving on. The second thing that made me laugh this week was last night at the pub quiz.
Of course choosing your team name is a key part of the pub quiz experience and last night we went for 'We are only here for the alcohol', which I must admit is fairly unoriginal and we got described by the bloke running the quiz as posh which bemused me. Anyway one of the teams taking part were called 'Quiz in my pants' which of course had me in hysterics for at least a round in the quiz. It was the way the quiz master said it in the most dull and uninteresting voice that made it even more funny. You have to admit that it put our name to shame. It has to be by far the greatest quiz name I have ever heard in my life and one I wish I could have come up with myself.

Anyway that is all for now and I will be back soon with another blog.

Cya soon,

Alex :D







No comments:

Post a Comment