Thursday 19 September 2013

Blog 33! Change, Uni and the next chapter!

I am currently sitting on a Cross Country train from Leeds to Derby on my way back from spending a lovely couple of days with Kitty at Leeds Metropolitan University! It was great to see her and meet her flat mates. She was very settled up there which was great to see and her room is really nice and surprising clean for a girl who is well known for being very lazy!

Amongst the calm and chilled out atmosphere was a very scary moment of getting stuck in a lift. We paid little attention to the sign notifying us of the maximum weight restriction! With a good 6/7 of us in the lift we were well over the limit. The lift didn't go anywhere and the buttons to open the door would not work! The lift was very cramped and the air was beginning to get very hot! We pressed the help button but it made little difference as we were not rescued. We were stuck in there a good 5 minutes before people began to worry. I was playing it cool of course but inside I could feel my heart rate start to quicken! So I thought I'm going to try and open the doors of the lift! I did think they would be very heavy so I would need some help off the others in the lift, but as I grabbed the side and pulled they swung open! We were all relieved, especially Kitty who pushed me out of the lift instantly to escape the congested lift.
 Aside from that small complication and drama the over night stay was quiet and allowed me to get to know her flat mates and spend some time with Kitty which I have missed lately as until she went to university we saw each other on a regular basis.

Moving on. Tomorrow I am moving into my flat at Nottingham Trent university and it is the beginning of an exciting time for me. I am going to study Broadcast Journalism, a subject you all know I am passionate about. I am also looking forward to the freedom of moving away from home and beginning my life as a city man. I will update you soon to let you all know how I am getting on at university and will most likely have some stories to tell.

So, it's all changed! For months and months you could see the change coming ever nearer but thought little of it whilst we enjoyed our summer antics! For me the change began on results day when I knew I had got the grades to go to university and we were all going our separate ways. I have known most of my friends for a good 7 years and we are all going to lead separate lives from now on. The change hit me most when kitty left for Leeds the other week and for the first time Lichfield felt empty without my friends! I am still coming to terms with the change that has seemed to snap at our lives so quickly and change them, but with time that change will become our normality as we all head into our next adventure.

That's all from me for now and I will be back soon! Hope you all have a great week.

Cya 

Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment